Thursday, 29 July 2010

Reporting from the city of Bath, my new home!

We haven't got the internet set up yet, so I'm currently using our neighbour's wifi (with their permission, of course! :P).

Took photos of the house a day after we had moved in, and will take some more photos when we've sort of finished unpacking, so you can see a 'before' and 'after'. We've been spending several days just playing tetris with the furniture, boxes and random stuff (mostly art supplies). This flat is much smaller than our previous place and has less storage space, but I already prefer it.

In a way, this feels like a completely fresh start. A bit like when I first moved over to the UK. I've graduated and I've switched city where I know absolutely no one. All Uni friends have scattered across the country (and world). Still waiting for the infamous post-uni blues to hit, but I think waking up and finding myself in Bath is distracting me from missing the Uni days. I'm sure that when the blues smack me, I'll be right on here to whine about it. :D

This will be a short entry since I need to go eat dinner and watch Season 4 of the Wire with TomTomTastic!

But in summary: I'm alive. I have a roof over my head. SUCCESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment